Anicca Media is launching an initiative to educate physicians, healthcare marketers and healthcare administrators on the ‘business’ benefits of using digital / social media in healthcare. This initiative will be comprised of multiple phases and will be supported by primary and secondary data.
We’re starting to see more and more anecdotal examples of healthcare providers reporting their Return on Investment (ROI). While data has been reported on patient utilization of social media with regards to healthcare, we believe there is a need to collect data from healthcare providers. Particularly from a business perspective – what is the ROI of their digital / social media programs?
Presently we are conducting a survey whose data will answer this question. We believe that healthcare providers will benefit from the data collected and our study analysis for making informed decisions relative to their investment in digital / social media.
THIS INITIATIVE WILL CONSIST OF FOUR MAJOR PHASES:
1) Data Collection:
- A survey of healthcare providers is being conducted. It will ask ‘who’ is using digital / social media, ‘how’ they are using it and ‘what’ their return is relative to their investment.
- Existing data is being compiled
- Healthcare providers and administrators are being interviewed as case studies
2) Data Analysis:
- Upon survey completion, we will present the actual survey data for review and analysis in an exclusive webinar consisting of industry thought leaders and survey participants.
3) Publication of Survey Data and Case Studies:
- We will publish a summary of the survey results and case studies in a whitepaper. This whitepaper will provide ROI examples and best practices from various types of providers.
- Several live and virtual workshops are planned to assist healthcare providers with defining ‘what’ their desired return is and ‘how’ to design a digital / social media program to accomplish their objectives.
We believe that this initiative will add significant value to the individual participants and to the broader healthcare community in general.
Other available resources:
Part 1 of a 3 part series: Social Media in Healthcare: Is there RETURN?
For Twitter users, follow Healthcare Social Media ROI conversations with the #hcsmROI hashtag.